UNDERWOOD TYPEWRITER AND MY COMPUTER FOIBLES

 


Much of my work was begun on an Underwood typewriter.  Then I worked at an antique/second hand store that sold them for a hefty price.  Royals were a fine manual typewriter but they did not command the same awe as an Underwood with the noir detective in black and white or the fedora-hatted newspaper reporter frantic to make a deadline. Energetic intent was required to make the keys strike the paper.  Wrote some strong volumes this way.  Then I graduated to a Remington  electric and it slowed me down considerably.  One little slip and the entire carriage whisks away brrrrrrrrp with duplication of error.  Never mind that 'white out' applied with a brush or white correction tape took extra time.  With the Underwood this was a deliberate process and part of the craft.  With the Remington electric, I held the correction white out while a key slapped up painfully to bruise my finger.  Writing became cries of anguish and despair.

I began this little paper as an explanation and excuse to send academics and editors.  Some await submission of my work pondering ancient and forgotten lore (quoth the....never mind) through electronic transmission.  They say something like "just send it through googaloo dracks using squeemish sasquatch code software"  

Okie dokie.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE ANTI-BOLSHEVIK ACTION PACK

THE METAPHYSICS OF INTERDIMENSIONAL MOUNTAIN LAKES LIVING.

HEROIC TRADITION. NEW THOUGHT MINDSET. MAZDAN STUDIES. MANOSPHERE