FOUR GAMES AS A RISING PHENONMENON. RETROFUTURIST FATE


 

Before Stewart Kaplan, the astute businessman and esoteric author,  made Tarot decks appear everywhere.  

When the Oriental oracle of secret Old China had us throwing hexagrams.  There appeared a brilliantly titled book to take advantage of the arising interest in Cybernetics and ESP. "The  Cybernetic ESP Breakthrough " by Katharine Sabin, showed how to use an ordinary deck of 52 playing cards as an oracle.  

The appearance of duplicate suits in sets of two or the middle card in sets of three gave yes or no indicators with details that rivaled the specifics of the changing lines in I-Ching. Independent meanings of the four suits gave a general tone but permutations of combinations gave specifics.  Sabin's book was organized in a difficult way to read but with enough experience it began to speak.  

That was 1968.  


 

In 2022 there arrived a set of cards that speak beyond ordinary playing cards but refined for an enriching  worldview.  I speak of "The Four Games" deck and playbook.  "When it's steam engine time it steam engines" to more or less quote Charles Fort.  There is a pulse in our collective culture that I've always been able to intuit and I hereby say that this phenomenon is just getting started. I remember the community of Tarot and I-Ching and how a social metaphysics gathered around. Not presenting myself as an expert here, because the fun is in being a simple beginner.

Begin anywhere.  

Here is one resource to study. https://www.aion.enterprises/blog/fourgames-deck-creating-handy-oracle-card-game

Here is where you can order.  https://www.etsy.com/shop/FourGames

I'm posting this in my Retrofuturist trajectory because a powerful present moment is informed by what has been created and will surely become more.   


I was there for Cybernetic ESP.  I was there for Tarot.  I'm here for The Four Games. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE ANTI-BOLSHEVIK ACTION PACK

THE METAPHYSICS OF INTERDIMENSIONAL MOUNTAIN LAKES LIVING.

HEROIC TRADITION. NEW THOUGHT MINDSET. MAZDAN STUDIES. MANOSPHERE