A TIME OF FOCUSED QUALITY




My father built a unique home of quality in the early 1950s  I remember various stages of the construction.  This is a photo of the home and Dad working on building it himself.  Also a photo of him helping to build for kindred and community in a small Montana town. 

His craft is instructive to my own attempts at creativity with a few lessons in effort and ethics.  Notice that the forms are hand-built and there is concrete machinery in the vicinity.  There was no apprenticeship or training on how to do this.  They figured it out as they went.  Exemplary to my own efforts are my memories of my father's work ethic.  I doubt if he built the forms and said, "That's enough for today, time to be distracted until we pour the concrete tomorrow."  No, this delaying after initial efforts is more MY style.  Dad's days were long which did not mean he didn't enjoy time with family conversation and a little music. 
The process of building WAS the day so the day was full and meaningful.  If I can emulate his style I would get more done and enjoy it more.

  Building something is integrated into the process of living.  We don't wait until later. 
The boy in the photo is me learning from Dad in the way we should have craft guilds today.


That's Dad on top of the masonry scaffold when he was about my age now.  70.  I'm mixing mud and gathering stone and masonry to take up those two levels of walk-up ladders.  Had to use the scaffold frame sometimes.  I'm afraid of heights yet if I build the frames one at a time I do okay. 

 
I'm not building a home for a future family.  Not at the moment.  I'm 70 years young now. The gym workouts and yard work keep me in shape where I could still do it.  My building project is a craft of writing and selling some Cosmic books.  Norse Mythology, Theoretical Physics, New Thought, and varieties of Magic are in my toolbox.  It is said that the message of Buddha is that there is only suffering and the only escape is to cease to exist.  That's what's generally said although there are factions and variations on that  defeatist theme.  I don't care about that.  True that there are heartbreaks and pain.  It's called 'living'.  There can also be a choice toward beauty, joy, and victory.  Its called 'living well'.  There are those in the victory and beauty column who advocate a better way.  That better way is what I wish to promote.

The acts of living are the substance of quality building.  Distractions are away from the building process.  Relationships are the way to create a structure.  I want to share some ideas and books with you.

Visit my corner mercantile
https://cornermarketrf.blogspot.com/p/cosmic.html


Much appreciated!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE ANTI-BOLSHEVIK ACTION PACK

THE METAPHYSICS OF INTERDIMENSIONAL MOUNTAIN LAKES LIVING.

HEROIC TRADITION. NEW THOUGHT MINDSET. MAZDAN STUDIES. MANOSPHERE